Suicide Care for Chiropractors: Creating Connection and Hope - 3 CEs
Presented by: Jeffrey Sung, MD
Hilton Airport Seattle
17620 International Blvd
Seattle, WA 98188
Saturday, October 1, 2016
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Registration Fee: $139
*WSCA Member Discount Rate: $109
Tailored for Those Who Provide Chiropractic Care
This interactive 3-hour workshop will teach chiropractors practical tools for assessing and referring patients at risk of suicide. The workshop is presented by Dr. Jeffrey Sung, a medical doctor specializing in the treatment of suicidal patients. You will leave with a practical knowledge of:
· Basic information about suicide in the United States
· How to recognize warning signs of suicide
· How to make a connection with someone at risk of suicide
· How to assess for suicide risk
· How to recognize and manage your own emotional responses when talking with suicidal patients
· Common problems that arise when referring suicidal patients.
· How to confidently refer patients to mental health professionals.
This Workshop Will Help You Do What is Best
for Your Patients and the Community
Workshop topics include:
· Establishing an alliance with patients: Suicidal patients typically have ambivalence about death. Specific techniques may help the practitioner join with the part of the patient that desires to live and make a plan to seek help.
· Conducting a risk assessment: Suicide risk assessment involves gathering accurate information regarding the risk factors, protective factors and warning signs of suicide.
· Managing personal responses: Work with suicidal patients elicits emotional responses in the practitioner that must be understood and managed for effective work to proceed.
· Proper Referral Techniques: Proper sequencing of the referral process increases the likelihood the patient will follow through with a referral
This workshop meets the requirement for Washington State-licensed chiropractors to obtain 3 CE hours in suicide screening and referral. The Washington State Chiropractic Association is offering these workshops to build confidence in working with suicidal patients and to meet the newly-mandated training requirement.
- 30 days from the event: full refund issued
- 14 days from the event: 50% refund issued
- 13 days or less: no refund
- No show: no refund regardless of when you paid